AHG News is looking for a self-motivated, experienced Business Editor to join its business and economics team. This pivotal role based in Asia requires excellent editorial judgment, a collaborative attitude and a passion for fact-based, unbiased storytelling that advances financial and economic literacy. You have a global mindset, exceptional writing and editing skills, a thorough command of business news and geopolitics and a proven track record distilling tough concepts into compelling narratives for general audiences. Multi-format storytelling experience spanning text, audio and video is a plus. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following
- Execute online content strategy set by senior editor.
- Oversee business and economics coverage for geographic zone of responsibility (Asia)
- Write and publish breaking news and analysis stories.
- Curate and publish stories from content partners.
- Assign, manage and edit stories written by freelancers.
- Develop list of freelance contributors.
- Ensure all stories meet the highest standards of storytelling, clarity, accuracy, quality, fairness and balance while avoiding libel, defamation and use infringement issues.
- Ensure all stories comply with AHG News policies, procedures and stylebook.
- Enforce best practices in determining story selection and rendering headlines and abstracts in ways that serve the public interest, advance AHG News mission and values, and optimize the exposure stories receive through search engines and social media platforms.
- Collaborate with podcast, video and social platforms teams.
- Deliver live and live-to-tape analysis for podcasts and digital video content.
- Special Projects as assigned.
You Will Have
- Minimum BA in Journalism, Media, Communication, or other related fields
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in reputable international newsroom