Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The final expansion coming to Wasteland 3 is the Cult of the Holy Detonation which was announced this week, adding worshippers of a nuclear explosion held in stasis. The expansion will release on October 5th.
- Wasteland 3’s second and final narrative expansion takes players to the Cheyenne Mountain complex, home to the Cult of Holy Detonation.
- Developers inXile shares that “Your squad of Rangers will be tested like never before in objective-based encounters that put a creative spin on the already deeply tactical turn-based combat.” The expansion adds new weapons and armor as well as more enemies to Wasteland 3.
For more on this news find it here in Wasteland 3’S Final Expansion Cult Of The Holy Detonation Revealed.
- Team17 and developer Drop Bear Bytes announced Broken Road, a post-apocalyptic RPG set in Australia.
- Broken Roads got a new trailer at Gamescom 2021 and has a new publisher which is Team17. The narrative-driven RPG will launch on both PC and consoles in 2022.
- Expect a mature storyline with a deep morality system, all taking place in Australia which is now a wasteland. The morality system not only influences the quests, but the dialogue and character development. The game will feature real-world locations and landmarks as you explore, fight and of course survive.
- Players can choose different philosophical paths: Humanist, Utilitarian, Machiavellian and Nihilist, each having their own unique traits.
For more on this news find it here in Broken Roads A Post Apocalyptic RPG Set In Australia Announced.
- The New World Open Beta will be taking place from September 9th to September 12th according to the announcement at Gamescom’s Opening Night Live. The release date for September 28th is still going ahead despite previous delays for the MMO. Players will be able to request access at the beginning of September 8th at 7 AM PT.
- The public beta will allow players to check out New World before the release of the game at the end of next month and a chance for the developer to stress test the servers with no doubt a huge influx of players this time around. In addition to the news about the beta, Amazon Games revealed a new trailer featuring the supernatural world of New World.
- The developer has already warned on the Open Beta FAQ page that there may be some queue times during the beta test. Again the progress made in Open Beta will not carry over to the full game, so while ultimately what happens in beta, stays in beta, it’s a good chance to experiment with some builds and features of the game before launch.
For more on this news find it here in New World Gets Open Beta In September.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns
- Firaxis the developer behind XCOM unveils at Gamescom 2021 Marvel’s Mightnight Sun, a turn-based RPG based on the Marvel universe being published by 2K Games.
- While the team involved have worked on XCOM, the new RPG Marvel game won’t share mechanics with XCOM and won’t include permadeath according to Jake Solomon via Polygon.
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns will place players in the role of The Hunter, an all-new character designed in partnership with Marvel Comics. From the sounds of it, The Hunter will be highly customisable in not just appearance but also in combat ability with over 40 different superpowers available. This will give a wide variety of abilities from light to dark, allowing players to choose the more traditional super heroes’ powers or stray into the more occult anti-heroes such as Ghost Rider and Blade.
- One of the biggest differences players will experience compared to XCOM games is how the skills advance. Players will be able to explore The Abbey, an all-new headquarters area in between missions, that players can explore in third-person and even developer relationships with the other superheroes. This area is a hang-out area of sorts which will include being able to give gifts and choose dialogues which in turn will affect your relationships.
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns will release in March 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Marvel’s Midnight Night Suns Revealed By XCOM Team.
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
- Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous is just days away from its launch on September 2nd. In the latest trailer, it features the different locations, enemies and some of the spells players will encounter in-game. The trailer was released during Gamescom 2021.
- In case you missed it, Owlcat games previously announced the CRPG would be coming to consoles next year on March 1st 2022. They also shared details about the Mythic Path players will take with mythic transformations allowing characters to become an Angel, Demon, Lich, Trickster, Aeon, Azata, Gold Dragon, Swarm That Walks and Legend.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous Gets Launch Trailer.
- The Waylanders is being developed by Gato Salvaje Studio which is currently in Early Access. The Waylanders the party-based RPG has now got a confirmed release date which is November 16th 2021, coming to Steam and GOG.
- The announcement also came with a 20% discount, so you can pick up the game for $27.99 USD for the next week.
- Players take on an adventure comprised of six base classes, as they explore a Celtic-Spanish wilderness filled with warring factions, monsters and magic corruptions. Build alliances, even pursue romantic entanglements and follow a story of a cultural shift and conflict.
For more on this news find it here in The Waylanders Releases November 16th 2021.
- Blasphemous: Wounds of Eventide is the last DLC for the punishing metroidvania title. The DLC is set to launch for free December 9th.
- While it’s sad to hear that this will be the last DLC for Blasphemous, news of a sequel was also revealed. The trailer teased Blasphemous 2 which has a release window of 2023. The trailer didn’t reveal much as it just shows a “II” at the end of the video, but it does mean a sequel is underway.
- Blasphemous follows the tale of The Penitent One, the only living survivor of the massacre of the Silent Sorrow. The game has punishing action with a number of brutal executions.
- If you’re looking for more great metroidvania titles, you can check out our list here in Top 10 Metroidvanias To Play In 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Blasphemous: Wounds Of Eventide DLC Announced; Blasphemous 2 Teased.
- Bethesda have recently had three videos which were unlisted discovered by fans which reveal the lore behind a few locations in the upcoming space RPG Starfield.
- The videos were shared on social media which offer a little insight into the locations of cities called New Atlantis, Neon, and Akila.
- These brief videos were unlisted and Bethesda confirmed via IGN that these were shared amongst members of a community club called Constellations.
- Each video shares snippets of information about each of the different locations and some concept art. Neon is described as a fishing rig that has now been turned into a pleasure city, which profits on fish that have psychotropic properties which produce a drug called Aurora. New Atlantis is the capital of a major government faction called the United Colonies (UC). Lastly, Akila City is a walled bastion of freedom and individuality, surrounded by wilderness home to the Ashta, alien monsters which look to a mix of wolf and velociraptor.
- While the videos aren’t extensive, it is a closer look into the lore behind some of the areas in Starfield. We’ll be adding information to our Starfield wiki as it releases so make sure to bookmark our wiki for all the latest.
For more on this news find it here in Starfield Videos Reveal Three Locations.
- Opening Night Live at Gamescom 2021 kicked off this week with announcing winners of their awards, with Elden Ring being nominated for several categories.
- The category that the game did win was for Best Sony PlayStation Game, with Yasuhiro Kitao who is the promotion, marketing and production head for FromSoftware accepting the award in a recorded message, thanking fans for their support.
- But that wasn’t all for Elden Ring news, as many of the media including ourselves were invited to watch a presentation which features gameplay of Elden Ring. This includes new details about PvP, crafting, Magic types, Spirit Summons, Weapons, Armor Sets, Stamina and more. It also goes into more detail about character custumisation.
- So if you’re curious about what we saw head over to that video/article Elden Ring New Gameplay Breakdown & Impressions, New Mechanics Revealed to find out more and about our overall impressions.
For more on this news find it here in Elden Ring New Gameplay Breakdown & Impressions, New Mechanics Revealed.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows:
#Top #RPG #News #Week #August #29th #Elden #Ring #Starfield #Marvels #Midnight #Suns